Friday, April 23, 2010

Sitting Chairless

Once in a while, people come up with innovative ideas that find it's way into the hands and homes of many people. Take the iPhone and iPod for instance. And the Roomba. And I'll even include the Snuggie in there for good measure.

But there are times when people come up with things so pedestrian that you wonder why you didn't come up with it in the first place. Introducing Chairless by Vitra.

Till in Thailand

Here is the description on their website:

Chairless is a seating device for the modern nomad. This sturdy strap of fabric allows its user to sit down in a relaxed manner – but with neither seat nor backrest. It is thus a solution par excellence for times when chairs are in short supply: lunch in the park, while waiting in a crowded airport, a picnic on the lawn, sitting down at a concert, reading on the beach and on countless other occasions. Chairless is so light and compact that you can carry it with you wherever you go.

The cost of this item is roughly about $27-$30, although I doubt this has touched ground in the U.S. at the moment. I don't want to criticize any product that I have have not personally tried, but seriously, why would you purchase this? However, to be totally fair and in the interest of innovation, I decided to create my own version of Chairless using my Pilates band.

Zara in the living room

It may not look as aesthetically pleasing, but it seems pretty much the same to me.

1 comments:

malwine said...

Haha.. I like your version more. Looks so much more comfortable. ^_^

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 | A Smorgasbord of a Blog | LAYOUT INSPIRED BY A JAKOTHAN DESIGN