Monday, April 19, 2010

Alternative Sunday

Most of my Sundays usually consist of getting ready for worship celebration, participating in worship celebration, and then having lunch with the community. The service yesterday was really great. The message was on Luke 24: 36-49. One of the things that really spoke to me was that even though Jesus did not have to appear before the disciples, Jesus comes to them: an incredible act of love and authority. There were many more that were powerful, but I won't go into detail here.

The original plan for the afternoon was to not eat as much during lunch and then eat somewhere in Baltimore to celebrate the birthday of one of my roommates. However, those plans fell through. Instead of going out to lunch, my other roommate and I picked up a few things and then ate at home. She prepared these really good tuna sandwiches for the both of us. We were only able to finish half, so we ate the rest for dinner.

After relaxing for a bit and after my other roommate came back, we all ended up going to Arundel Mills to go shopping for shoes. It was a lot of fun. I actually don't like shopping with other people, so that was a pleasant surprise for me. We all bought a pair so everyone was happy. The pair that I got was not what I had in mind at all. I usually stay away from anything with high heels or thin heels, but this one was not too bad. If my roommates were not there, I wouldn't have given it a second look, let alone tried it on.

I've been set on going running since I am still unable to play volleyball or tennis. I injured my right thumb when attempting to spike a volleyball about a month ago. Anyway, after dinner, I got ready and headed out by 6:45pm or so. I warmed up by stretching and all that since I was in pain the last time I neglected to do so. I ran for a period of a time and then walked and then jogged and then walked at a faster pace and then ran and then walked and then jogged and then walked and then jogged and then cooled off. To summarize, I was out for about an hour going around the neighborhood. There were only a few people out, most of them walking their dogs and puppies. It was a bit chilly, so I understand why most people chose to stay indoors.

My allergies didn't start bothering me till towards the end of my time outdoors, so that was a blessing. I even found time to take a "swing break" for a minute or two. Besides getting a good workout, I actually enjoyed my time alone. I was listening to my iPod, but at the same time, I really spent my time reflecting on a lot of things and conversing with God. There were a lot of things that I really needed to lift up to Him and just be honest about. At one point, as I laid down on the grass and looked up at the sky, I was thinking about how small we are compared to the entire universe. Even more than that, I was thinking about how amazing it is that as little as we are, He would care so much about every detail of our lives. I was actually reminded of this song by Casting Crowns.

What an awesome God!

1 comments:

stupidsystemus said...

this picture reminds me of your baby picture in the terrace in the Philippines where you are smiling while facing the sun LOL

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 | A Smorgasbord of a Blog | LAYOUT INSPIRED BY A JAKOTHAN DESIGN