I heard of the movie before and my only thought of it beforehand was that the girl in the movie poster looked very creepy. I still find it a tad bit creepy to this day, but I have to admit that it does stand out. Here's another version of the movie poster that is more toned down. For what it's worth, the movie really exceeded my expectations. I actually liked it a lot.
The movie had a lot of heart. It was original and clever. The screenplay and cinematography were excellent, at least to the extent of what I know about screenplays and cinematographies. The film really takes you into this other world that's almost too good to be true. It was just pretty!
The character Amélie was so awkward and yet so endearing. You just can't help but be captivated with the thought of what she would do next. I really appreciated her not-so-random acts of kindness. In all of the things she did, she was very observant and deliberate. Here is one of my favorite scenes from the movie:
Overall, the film was very moving and uplifting. I really had fun watching it. I think my next venture would be to purchase the original soundtrack from the film.


0 comments:
Post a Comment