Sunday, April 11, 2010

My Greatest Joy

Last night I attended Pistahan 2010, which was a cultural show presented by the Filipino American Student Association (FASA) at UMBC. My sister performed twice in the show, first dancing Gaway-Gaway and then performing Pagapir. I thought she did really well. I felt so proud as I watched and taped the performance, even though my digital camera was not the best tool to use. It was an entertaining show for the most part. My whole family also attended, along with a friend of mine.

After the show, my friend and I went to Tutti Frutti for some froyo. It was packed with a bunch of young people that night. I got my usual fruit toppings (mango and strawberry) but my favorite had to be the colorful mochi toppings!

Overall, I had a pretty good day. I thought the highlight was seeing my sister perform. However, before going to bed, I was talking to one of my roommates and she shared how her day and evening went. Without going into further details, I would say that it's really amazing to see how God is moving in other people's lives. He really does answer prayers. Sometimes, the answer is no. At other times, the answer is exactly what we had asked. But then there are times when God answers in a way that is way beyond what we had hoped for or imagined, and in those times, I just feel so overwhelmed with awe and thankfulness. God is so good! Even though I didn't get to experience it personally, what God did for my roommate was the best thing that happened to me yesterday.

I love my friends and I love my family, but above all else, I would say that knowing God is my greatest joy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 | A Smorgasbord of a Blog | LAYOUT INSPIRED BY A JAKOTHAN DESIGN