Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Wenlock and Mandeville

The next Olympic games is coming soon. Okay, not really, but I think we only have about two more years left, plus or minus a month or two. It feels like it was just yesterday when Baltimore and Washington made a bid for the 2012 Olympics and were supposedly eliminated by a European-dominated International Olympic Committee. I was kind of excited, but I guess it would have caused some major traffic in cities where additional sources of traffic are not welcome.

Anyway, each Olympics has one or more mascots since 1968. My favorites would have to be the Fuwa from the 2008 Beijing Olympics. A friend of mine who went to China that summer got me the red one :)

Recently, London unveiled their mascots. I would say that it looks like they just picked them out of the movie Monsters, Inc.


It kind of looks freaky, but the did have this cute video on the official London 2012 website to explain the origin of these creates, namely Wenlock for the Olympic games and Mandeville for the Paralympic games.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 | A Smorgasbord of a Blog | LAYOUT INSPIRED BY A JAKOTHAN DESIGN