Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Gift Only He Could Give

What is the best birthday present you have ever received?


Three years ago, God gave me something that I never thought I could have back, not that it was mine from the beginning. Nevertheless, it was a gift that only Him could give to me. From that moment on, I never looked and will never look at my birthday the same way again. Sometimes I do forget and I am thankful for the people He has placed in my life to remind me. God is so generous that even though we are undeserving, He still lavishes us with His grace, and as hard as it is to comprehend, He does not hold back.

I am thankful for all that He has done. I am thankful for all that He is doing. I am thankful for all that He will do.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Zephaniah 3:14-20

14 Sing, O Daughter of Zion;
       shout aloud, O Israel!
       Be glad and rejoice with all your heart,
       O Daughter of Jerusalem!

15 The LORD has taken away your punishment,
       he has turned back your enemy.
       The LORD, the King of Israel, is with you;
       never again will you fear any harm.

16 On that day
       they will say to Jerusalem,
       "Do not fear, O Zion;
       do not let your hands hang limp.

17 The LORD your God is with you,
       he is mighty to save.
       He will take great delight in you,
       he will quiet you with his love,
       he will rejoice over you with singing."

18 "The sorrows for the appointed feasts
       I will remove from you;
       they are a burden and a reproach to you.

19 At that time I will deal
       with all who oppressed you;
       I will rescue the lame
       and gather those who have been scattered.
       I will give them praise and honor
       in every land where they were put to shame.

20 At that time I will gather you;
       at that time I will bring you home.
       I will give you honor and praise
       among all the peoples of the earth
       when I restore your fortunes
       before your very eyes,"
       says the LORD.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 | A Smorgasbord of a Blog | LAYOUT INSPIRED BY A JAKOTHAN DESIGN