Friday, May 7, 2010

I Can See Your Halo

Before I continue, I would just like to point out that this post is not about Beyoncé or her song. However, I am not ruling out the possibility of writing about the singer, the song or both in the future, nor am I ruling out the possibility of not writing about the aforementioned topics. (NOTE: You may be wondering why I felt the need to point this out, and chances are, this is probably more of a personal mental note than anything else, but I can't help it... It just comes out!)

Moving along, yesterday I heard from a few relatives and friends in the Philippines (via Facebook), specifically Cebu, that they could see a halo around the sun, most of them claiming that it looked like a rainbow.


After surfing through the web, I found out that these are actually called Sun halos. Apparently, it was only seen in the Cebu area when this took place. There's an iReport of the occurrence from CNN. Below is a video recording that was taken some time yesterday or today. I'll do my best to give you a gist of what they are saying.


Whoa... Burst sun!

It's too hot that I have trouble seeing it.

You can see it here... Rainbow...


It reminds me the circular rainbow that I saw in Niagara Falls years ago. I wish I could have seen this in person. It's so pretty!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 | A Smorgasbord of a Blog | LAYOUT INSPIRED BY A JAKOTHAN DESIGN