Tuesday, September 28, 2010

♫ River Flows In You ♫

Yiruma. I actually only heard of him last year, but I really do love his pieces. I think I heard one of his works in a movie some time ago. Every time I hear him play, the first word that comes to mind is wow. This guy is brilliant, and this guy makes me wish I didn't quit piano lessons when I was 6. Here's an interesting blurb about him on his page in Wikipedia:

Though widely marketed as new age artist, Yiruma
does not describe himself as such: "I'm Christian, and I am not a
New-age artist. Most people misunderstand me."

I think I can listen to him forever. And yes, that is an exaggeration as, logically speaking, it's not entirely possible. Nonetheless, I think it would be nice to see him play in person. The piece I am posting is one of my favorites :)


For more information on Yiruma, you can visit his website.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 | A Smorgasbord of a Blog | LAYOUT INSPIRED BY A JAKOTHAN DESIGN