A majority of my commute to and from work takes place on I-295 and one thing that I've found interesting is seeing all these cars from different states all over the country (and even Canada!) driving alongside me. I get really excited when I come across ones that are not too common in the area, like cars all the way from Michigan, Arkansas and New Mexico.
Over the past couple of months, I actually started entertaining the idea of doing a photography project in hopes of capturing 50 cars from all 50 states in Maryland. Of course, it won't just be focused solely on cars passing through I-295 as that would be dangerous on my part and those around me. On the other hand, there is also that privacy issue. I'm pretty sure it's not illegal to take picture of license plates of other cars, but it won't look good either if someone catches you. I'm pretty sure there's a lot of cars from other states at Arundel Mills alone.
While it would have been a nice project to tackle, it is quite ambitious and will probably take a while, especially with a car coming all the way from Hawaii. I have seen one from Alaska though. I decided to work on another concept that I should have posted here some time in mid-November.
In the meantime, I would just like to share this pretty cool piece of work:
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment